Saturday, May 12, 2007

Helen and Patricia's Story

Hi everybody, my name is Helen. My partner Patricia and I decided to celebrate our 7 year anniversary on the Wheels for Change ride! We met in Vancouver at a women's dance, and were thrown together again when someone asked me to pick up a woman named Patricia (with a car-share vehicle) for a hike. I made her a tofu and avocado sandwich, and the rest is, well, I'll tell you more when we get to know each other...

A few years ago, we moved to Hornby Island to get off the grid, but only lasted 2 1/2 months. That's another story. We've been in Brentwood Bay for four years, about an hour's bike ride from Victoria.

Our response to Climate Change is a booklet called Recipe for a Cool Planet: How to be Happy & Healthy on a Low-carbon Diet.
http://www.recipeforacoolplanet.com
Writing it inspired us to sell the SUV we were gifted, and travel exclusively by bike and car-share. Here's one of the drawings illustrated by Patricia.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. - Helen

PS - if you know of any potential advertising sponsors for the book, please let us know:
Tel: (250) 544-2064; Email: patriciahairdesign@hotmail.com

No comments: